Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

25 February 2015



Okay so first pics before I forget.
I found the perfect husky
I learned how to tortilla. (to make the dough put a kilo of flour a quarter kilo of shortening and a handful of salt in the proportion. Then mix with your hand until its well mixed. Then add the proper amount of room temperature water... not sure how much but its like the seconds of pouring from a pitcher or something like that. Mix that and then dump it on the table. then massage (not knead) the dough for a good 10+ minutes till its springy and smooth. make little balls of dough and let them sit for another 10 or so minutes. Then form the tortillas and cook em up. Mine are very circular as you can see. the one on top wasn't me.) They are delicious beyond all comprehension. They are happiness.
Tis a true hotdog. I'ts the best thing I've ever eaten, well not the best but its awesome.
I also accidentally asked for the wrong hair cut and have no hair. I may or may not be crying.
This week has been pretty solid. I haven't done anything too exciting but the people continue to be awesome here. A couple people we are teaching here, Carla and Laurisa (Carlas daughter) came to church this week. It was super cool to see them there. They have had a lot of personal and family problems recently and basically they said that having something like a church to go to with friendly loving people was something that they really needed and really helped them. We went to get our hair cut (results being a little ? but oh well) and we got it cut with a couple of more or less thugs. but they're super chill and it was rather funny because out of nowhere one of them was like.. Ya,I think I could dig being a Mormon, maybe I'll join up with that vibe. (rough translation), I was basically like uhhh what? Oh go for it man. I can give you hand if you'd like, well see what happens.
Also I've said it once, I'll say it again. If it's not spicy it's not food here. Fun fact, oranges with chile are delicious. if you're feeling adventurous give it a shot sometime.
That's about it for this week I guess.  Things are going awesome here. I love it. You all better be loving life too because there's no reason not too. It's stated quite clearly in the scriptures that "Men are that they might have joy" (2 Nephi 2:25) so comply with that. keep being awesome and I'll talk to you all soon!
​. 

No comments:

Post a Comment