Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2016

11 January 2016

I just love being here to start off. Things are incredible. Every moments brings something new and beautiful. This past week was honestly hard but also one of the best weeks ever. Nothing was that out of the ordinary but I just had a lot of doubts and such going on in my mind. This week was amazing because I was able to really see the application of a lesson I've been taught my entire life, more than anything from my father. That of hard work. Everyone comes across bad days and doubts and struggles and what not, it is the reaction that counts. The easy thing to do is nothing. The smart thing is to do something productive. I don't know how many times I've heard my dad tell me to get up and do something productive. It may be some of the best advice ever. So this week instead of just calling it quits like I honestly wanted to, I kept hearing that same vibe. Get up and do something productive. So that's what we did.  We got up and started doing things as productively as possible. In the end we decided as part of everything to put together a family home evening with the youth here. It turned out awesome. Ashley invited a friend, Daniela, and everyone enjoyed the vibes there. We gave Daniela a Book of Mormon and set a return appointment. We stop by two days later ad she had read several chapters and the pamphlet. We answer some questions and then leave another pamphlet of the plan of salvation. Sunday comes around and she goes with Ashley to church. In the second hour in gospel principles class we were talking about our celestial family and the pre existence. It was awesome because Daniela commented something like oh I remember reading about that in the pamphlet! She's honestly someone the Lord had prepared to receive the gospel. Every time I feel down I'm now requried to remember to get up and do something productive. The results come. The blessings come. More than anything you just feel good.
Sorry for the quick letter but I gotta go. I hope you all have the best week ever. I love you all. Go be amazing and i'll talk to you all soon!
Love,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment