Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

18 April 2016


So I was really tempted to buy a guitar the other day but decided against it. Maybe I'll learn it well coming home but for now I'll keep to piano haha. If I add much more I'll never sleep. I love music so much. i really miss singing with people that can sing. We got to sing Nearer My God To Thee in Sacrament meeting yesterday. it was literally last second. We got up there and Elder tomatani and Garcia stood next to Elder Allen to whom I said to before starting, 'Stick strong to the melody." and then I made up a harmony on the spot and it turned out really nice actually. 

Elder Allen gave a great talk about acting in the moment. That oftentimes our favorite words are in a minute, tomorrow, later, etc. he told how his mom always left him a list of chores but he spent all day watching tv or what not until he got a call from his mom saying hey I'll be home in 10 and then he just sped up and did everything in 10 min. He explained how when the Second Coming comes, God isn't going to give us such a phone call for no man knows the hour. We need to be ready today., Now. He tied it nicely to missionary work. All in all it was a good day at church


We've had such a wonderful week. I loved this transfer. 
We got here 7 weeks ago and there was next to nothing of work here but we got started and had a horrible first week. We taught a total of 8 lessons. But we just kept going. We were really blessed and started finding great people and by the end of the second week we had 23 lessons and the same number of new people in teaching. From there things just went well. We've dropped many and found many and bit by bit the Lord is helping us refine this area down to bring as many people as possible to His fold. I'm really happy I'm staying. I also escape the heat for a few more weeks. It only gets to about 100 degrees here in the summer instead of 130+.

s
So this week has been such a good week. I'm writing quick this week but I tried to send lots of pics to make up for it
I have a new companion, Elder Rodriguez. He's super cool. He has 5 months in the field. 
The teaching has been great. Life's been great. Sorry for lack of detail haha
The pics are of my start of a garden, hot dogs, a young men's activity, some people we are teaching, and the missionaries here.
love life, have the best week ever and remember to be awesome!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment