Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

25 April 2006

So life has been the most wonderful thing ever. I have loved this week. My new companion is great. Elder Rodriguez is from Layton Utah. His parents from Venazuela. We get along really well which makes teaching super easy I guess you could say. He plays the Ukelele so I'm trying to learn that from him now. Here's the only pic I have so far of us.
Inline image 1
Don't worry I got a hair cut today so it's no longer so long. 

So this week we've been sort of starting from scratch. We have a few people we are still teaching, but a lot of them have kinda disappeared. It's kinda funny. We've been finding a lot of less active members recently without even trying. We were talking with a member, Hno. Jorge, about one such and suddenly he was like wait does he have a kid about 6 years old? We said yes, he says oh! I know him Panchito!, I worked with him. now we've got a great help to start teaching him and his wife who is not a member. 
We went to eat with the Sandoval family the other day. They have very little time here in Agua Prieta. According to la hermana the whole family used to be really active when they lived in Casas Grandes, Chiwawa but now shes the only one that goes to church. we set an appointment to visit them and brought along Hno. Jorge. Members make all the difference. They just got along really well. We had a great lesson and then upon arriving at church Sunday everyone but the father was there at church! Hno. Jorge helped them out with a ride and has kept in close contact with the family. Hopefully well get the whole family back soon. 
Life is just amazing here. Honestly Agua Prieta has been the hardest city to come to love here but serving the people here just makes me love being here. I would be happy staying here till I finish. so if you're feeling down, go out and serve someone. It makes life so much better! I love you all and hope for you to have the most amazing week ever!
Love,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment