Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

23 March 2015



I keep meaning to write a big e-mail to everyone,  but its really hard for some reason. The truth is that right now it feels like every day is the same as the next. I'm working to get around that but it's really hard. I mean I'm working hard we're doing good work and all, it's just I sometimes feel like there's nothing to tell. Everyone we work with almost makes it, but in the end there's always something holding them back. 

Luis has addictions to hard drugs he's getting over them and we can't work with people who have used that type of drug until they're clean for 6 months. Carlos is awesome and hes changing a lot, but something always comes up. He gets held back over and over every time we teach the next thing, law of chastity, word of wisdom, all of the good stuff. It's just hard right now.  I don't know. It's not like I'm disannimated, we led the zone is new investigators and had a really good week as far as numbers go, but each day just feels the same as the next. But fear not. I will write a good email asap.

Oh also good news. Lucero is still progressing. I'm super excited for her. I just hope we can get her husband active and worthy to be the one to baptize her. I'm afraid I won't be here to see it because odds are i'll be transferred this next week but that's okay. 

Oh also, we found a family last week. I don't know if they'll progress but I hope so. We contacted the daughter in the street carrying three chihuahuas in her arms. We passed by the house a few days later and the son, Jesus, answered and we explained that we were missionaries, the whole shindig, and if Estefania was home. He said no but come in anyway, pasanle pasanle. We were like okay I dig it. We came in and were talking and basically an hour ago the dad had fallen off a ladder and was recuperating in his room but to this family the "Word  of God" was so important to hear they made time for us to come in and share a short message. They also gave us dinner first, like the friendliest family ever. The mom doesn't believe there is any one true church, but I hope we can help her see the truth.  The dad will believe anything written in the Bible so that's helpful. The son and daughter both are in relationships and they're boy/girlfriends, also find what we say interesting.  We came back a second time and same deal come on in, right on in. We found out that they had gotten back from work about 10 min ago and that it was the mom's birthday and once again they put everything aside to hear us. We stated teaching the restoration but couldn't finish because it got too late and we had to head home but at the first of the lesson we were like hey we'll share something quick so you can celebrate as a fam and all, but the mom said no, no, no, take all the time you want this is more important. 

No one came to church this week and they work Sundays but I really hope they progress cause they're super cool. The other people we found were member references. The daughter Eileen has 11 years of age and wants to be baptized but her mom won't let her so we are working with that family and we'll see what we can do. They're also awesome. Anyway that's a rough sum of what's going on here. I'll do my best to write better and soon haha, Love you all tons and have the best week ever! I know I will.
Elder Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment