Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

17 June 2015

So first off. I know I promised to send pics this week but sorry not gonna happen because the virus still isn't cleaned up but next week I'll get on it.

So interesting things this week. I don't really know how it happened but I budgeted really bad last week and started off last week with the equivalent of about $1.25 and no food. To say the least I was pretty sure I was just going to starve out the week until today when we got money. But we went out and worked hard anyway and decided not to worry about it. To spoil the end of the story. I wasn't hungry basically ever this week. Day after day something happened that we had just enough. Tuesday we stopped by a members house to teach them a lesson and because I'm like that, I asked to climb their mango tree. (pics next week). Side note. Climb a tree sometime soon its good for you haha. But before we left the sister was like oh hey some mangos got ripe earlier than usual you want some? So basically we left with a bag of mangos. Then the next day we were teaching Juan and as we left he was like hey! take a couple of mangos to go. (if you couldn't tell mangos are basically in season right now ) Then later in the week we taught another member and they sent us away with a bag full of tamales. Around Friday another member stopped by the house and gave us a couple of the famous hermosillo hot dogs and a bag of food. like it was incredible the whole week. Shall we hit up a favorite scripture of mine in Matthew chaper 6? 

25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

 26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

 28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

 29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

 30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

 31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

 32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

This is truth guys. Dont worry about what's going on in life. Worry about what your doing, choose the right, and life works out nicely. Never a need to worry.

Honestly thats the bulk of the interesting stuff from the week. But as far as people we are teaching right now go:

Juan- Juan is awesome thats all. We´re really good friends with him at this point and he really has enjoyed going to church the past few weeks. His mom couldn't come last week due to illness (in more detail, she suffers from a condition called. "locked-in" basically she can barely move and less and less each day. She can understand but can't talk and can barely move her head to show yes or no.) But as possible he brings her to church. He takes everything so well too. He´s hit the point where he just follows with faith because hes gaining his own testimony of the truth. We taught the word of wisdom the other day and he was just like okay. That makes sense and hasn't touched coffee since and no longer buys cigarettes. Just like that. It's super cool to see.

Aaron- hes someone we found yesterday but he's cool enough that I want to mention him. He is living here in Hermosilllo for work reasons but has lived in Tucson Arizona most of his life. He's more fluent in English than Spanish so I actually ended up teaching him in English (probably one of the weirdest things I've ever tried to do. It's so much easier to teach in Spanish haha). He has A. LOT. of questions but we happen to have a lot of answers so that was cool. He asked me how I learned Spanish so well and I talked about how I read the Book of Mormon cover to cover and how I attribute a good bulk of my Spanish to that. How reading it and speaking the language helped me so much. So we gave him a copy and he said he would read it and we helped him download the gospel library app so he could have the English reference and we´ll see how it all goes this Tuesday.

Luis- he's a young child of 9 years of age that we are teaching. His mom is member and helps a lot in the teaching. his dad isn't a member and isn't ever there for the lessons but he does support them and goes to church and everything. It is really hard to teach children sometimes. Mostly because I'm a child at heart and get distracted just as easily as they do haha. but Luis is awesome. He understands really well. He just takes everything super literal. Like you cant use analogies at all. But its been helping me a lot to see how I can teach clearer and more direct. We have a deal where if he reads his illustrated Book of Mormon and goes to church and all. I give him avengers sticker that come in the packs of cookies I buy way to many of sometimes. It's chill. But its really hard to part with those stickers cause they are super freaking cool.

That's about it as far as people we are teaching right now but its super cool honestly. We are finding more people every week. The area we are in is known to be a hard area as far as the work goes. 
It's an area of a lot a lot of old people and nobody has been baptized here in the past 8 months or so. But we're bumping up this place 100% haha its a good time.

This is all I've got for you all for now but I hope you all have the most incredible weeks ever and I love you tons and climb trees and love life and do the right things always and just be the awesome people you are. Love you all and I'll hit you all up next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment