Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2015

4 June 2015

So its been a wonderful week but not to much to tell. We're working hard and keeping the energy high just like the temperatures. We've been doing a lot of contacting and searching for less actvives cause there's not too much going on here. Honestly its been super cool, we've found a lot of awesome people, that for the most part live outside of the area so we send their address off to others to contact but its cool nonetheless. We had an awesome day sunday, It was stake conference so I really liked that. Two topics really stood out to me. One. Here in Mexico there is a really strong focus on self sufficiency, emphasized on the temporal needs. Like work and what not, because that's a big need here. But one of the talks talked about that and then added in being self sufficient in a spiritual manner. How all the temporal needs we have facilitate and become easier as we put God first and trust Him to help us where we are lacking. It goes right with Ether 12:266which talks about how God gives us weaknesses so that we can be humble and trust in him. "and I will make the weak things become strong unto them" this is so key. When we are trying to becomes self sufficient in our lives we need to have the strength to be humble and let "Jesus take the wheel" as the song says haha. But its super true, we cannot have success, we cannot change, we cannot progress, until we forget ourselves and let God make our weaknesses our strengths. This doesn't mean that we don't have to work, but quite the opposite. It's "by grace that we are saved, after all that we can do." after we put everything in and give our best that's when the help comes to finish the task where we aren't just quite strong enough. The other thing from the conference that I really liked was a talk about becoming Christ-like. It just really made me think. I'll give you all a challenge (to myself as well) this week, everyday choose an attribute of Christ for each day, as mentioned in preach my gospel chapter 6. faith and hope, charity and love, virtue, knowledge, patience and humility, diligence, obedience. Each night we will write what we did that day focusing on that attribute. 
The other thing I really liked from this week was Sunday night when we had a family home evening with la familia Ochoa the other missionaries in the ward and some investigators. we talked about Mosiah 14 which is focussed on the atonement. I really liked something that Hermana Fletcher pointed out. She talked about how Christ knows us perfectly so he the best friend we could ever have. But often times we focus on the sad side, like He's there for us in trials and sin and sickness and all. Which is very true and very important but I liked how she mentioned that since He knows and loves us perfectly, He also is there in the joy and laughter and happy times. I just liked the idea of Christ smiling and being filled with inexplicable joy when we do good, or when we are happy and I just really liked that thought. and then I got to talk about my favorite part. I love the verse "all we like sheep have gone astray" cause I love the symbolism of sheep and shepherd. I talked about when I was with Grandpa Ward and how he has some sheep behind the house and how as much as I could try I never could get them to come to me but when Grandpa called for them, they all ran immediately to him. How it's the same with us as sheep, we need to be able to recognize the voice of our shepherd and come when He calls. And then of course one of my favorite lines I've heard in the mission that I'll say again. "I like to repent because I like to feel like the lost sheep on the shoulders of the Lord."
We're teaching several awesome people right now which is super cool, we just need to help them come to church is honestly the real problem. Jorge, Francisca, and Juan are the main people we are teaching right now. 
The pics I have this week are mostly just a bunch of super cool flowers I've found here. It's blooming season or something like that so there's lots all around and it makes me really happy because its usually super, well, brown everywhere. Anyway its been a great week and I hope you're all having the best of times as well. Love you all and talk to you soon!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment