Pages

Monday, July 13, 2015

13 July 2015

so this week has been an absolute blast! On the spot I honestly can't think of any good stories but as I write I'm sure something will come to mind.

I discovered this week that cowboy is not for me, fun fact.

I'ts been a great week of teaching. Phenomenal to be honest.
Juan and Luis both passed their baptism interviews and are set for this Saturday. It should be an amazing day.
That family Josué told us about (Consuelo and her four kids) is amazing. we taught them last week and they loved it all and want to give it all a chance.
The dad of JosuĂ© is not a member but la hermana Yolanda (his wife) is and asked if he wanted to hear the missionaries. He's listened in the past but never really had interest. But this time was different. as we talked with him Sunday evening. He explained some things to us other things and basically long story short he really wants to change. He wants to go to church read pray and perhaps be baptized. I'm excited to keep teaching him. 
Then the other day we were walking up the street and a guy calls out to us so were like bueno, vamos a ver que quiere usually when people do that they're super drunk or in some such state but this time it was a very pleasant difference. His name is Luis we ended up teaching him on the spot a bit about the Book of mormon and he seems very interested in everything and wants to come to church one of these days so we will see how things go there.
Oh and this Sunday the new mission president visited the ward I'm working in which was a pleasant surprise. and then it turned out that no one wanted to teach the Gospel Principles class, long story short I was privleged to teach. I'd never taught the class before but it turned out nicely in the end. Good thing I had no pressure considering President decided to sit in on the class haha.

Things are going fantastic here. Truly they are. It's amazing what the Lord does in his timing. When I first heard that I was going to Balderrama ward I cant lie, I was a little dissappointed. It was a five minute drive from my last area and according to everyone it was full of old people (that part is true but old people are great anyways) and nobody ever baptizes there. I got here and got to work anyways. It hasn't always been easy but its been great nonetheless. and slowly but surely everything started moving forward. The Lord decided it was time for the work to progress in Balderrama. This past week the other missionaries in the ward were able to baptize a family, we are looking at two baptisms this week and many more to come and the Lord puts more and more of his prepared children in our path. It's a daunting responsibility to be in charge of teaching and leading His children the best I can but we are putting out trust in the Lord and are anxiously waiting for the results.
I love you all and hope you have the best week of your life and I'll hear from you soon!!!
Love forever,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment