Pages

Friday, February 5, 2016

1 February 2015 - Keeping it real. Keeping it fun.

I guess you could say we are keeping it real fun.

This week was just wonderful may I mention. I loved it so much. Every moment was busy and productive. We started off the week with a great district meeting. We talked about goals and specifically those of dates placed and street contacts. We left that day stoked to work hard. We set high goals and all week worked to meet said goals. As a district we set more baptism dates and contacted more people than in any other week. I had triple exchanges this week too. Due to some little this and thats I went on exchanges with the elders of my district twice and then with the zone leaders once. The bulk of the time I had to leave my companion of now 2 weeks to hold up the area. It was amazing to see that even though he has only 2 weeks in the mission he was able to do an amazing job. I came back the first time and he had set two baptism dates contacted many and we had the next day full of appointments. What I love about the work of the Lord is that it isn't the experience you have that matters, it's the faith and desire you show. As we put our desires in line with those of the Lord, our ability to succeed becomes 100%. If we raise out faith to such a level that it begins to invoke the powers of heaven nothing of this world nor any other can stop us from changing the world. 
As we have been teaching more and more we've begun to see more and more how the Lord just loves us. My companion said it best. "I've barely met these people but somehow I feel a strong need to love and help them." As we begin to see others in the way God sees us the perspective changes. It's not just about being okay for a day or week. It's about eternity. The pain God would feel for an eternity to see one of us lost to Him for every moment of eternity to me seems unbearable. For that reason alone is motivation enough to let us feel a perfect love to others. We can't give up, we have to keep going. We can make it and not just that but we can help many along the way with us. 
We've had great opportunities teaching this week. Talking with Luis we were able to help calm some of his doubts and reservations and he chose a day to be baptized and begin the journey of an eternity. We will be working closely with him to help him prepare for the 28th of February. Marisela and Naydeli also chose the 28th to be ready for that important step. To fix everything necessary. Yajaira was baptized two weeks ago and now we are working to have her daughters baptized within this month as well. We were able to find some amazing people this week as well. Every day has been full of the most wonderful moments. I wish I was able to tell it all. I guess you all will have to head out on a mission someday to see it live haha. 

On other subjects, I ate for the first time almeja. I dont remember what its called in English, clam? But it as delicious. You grab em fresh crack them open squirt in lime and hot sauce and slurp em down. They're about 1 buck fifty a dozen so odds are i'll be hitting up that goodness alot.

Go out all of you and have the best week ever! Make every day special and then make it extra special for someone else. Love you all and i'll talk to you soon!!!
Love
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment