Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

26 October 2015 Stress is the best!

Did you know that there are two types of stress? Good and bad. One shuts you down while the other is actually healthy and motivates you. I'm rocking that right now. We'll get to the why later. Until then I'll start from the beginning.

This week has been phenomenal. Unbelievable . And straight up amazing. We saw God]s hand in our work here without a doubt. This week we taught the Gonzalez family some more and can I just say, they have been a blessing from the start. They're truly one of the most amazing families I've ever met. We stopped by and friday. they are reading their assignments, they are doing their part to learn the gospel and then they;re the friendliest bunch ever. We walk in and within in 5 seconds the middle child Kiro Shesit is hugging you saying she missed you. then Ángel is having you make spongebob out of clay while La Hermana is making dinner and Carlos is telling you about how much he enjoyed the assignment we had left and how things are just working out in life better and better. They;re fantastic.

Then apart from that we are having the most amazing experiences every day finding and teaching people. Just the other day we were on the bus and an older member got on. He;s a little bad in the mind but nonetheless is a great guy. He always shares the gospel with every one he sees. He started talking with someone on the bus and presented him to us. His name is Andres. We start talking a bit with him but uur stop was coming up and Andres was headed much further so he gave us his address and we hopped off. A few moments later we hear someone calls out to us and we look back and Andres had hopped of the bus. He said something like "Hey I have a problem. I liked the way you talked to me and I think you can help." We happened to be near the chapel so we stopped by and started talking to him. He truly was full of need. We were able to talk to him and when we parted ways I could see a hope in him that hadn't been there for a very long time. Daily I'm shocked by the trust the Lord gives us to speak on His behalf. That day I truly felt like I had done my share. He isn't in our area but I expect great things from the missionaries that will be visiting him.

Those are a few of many amazing moments this week.
So we get to the end of the week and there were 4 baptisms. Two from Elder Bazan and Rivero and two from Magdalena (a small town about an hour from here) that was amazing to see. Right after we were told about transfers. Every missionary in the branch here was sent somewhere else. Everyone but me. So even though I still don't know all the areas too well, I'll be teaching all I know to everyone. This will be a very good stressful experience for me haha. I'm stoked to get lost every day haha. but like I said, everything stressful can be a motivation or a lock down and I'm ready to make this the best transfer of my life.
Have the best week ever I love you all tons! Keep up the amazing!
Love,
Elder Smith


PS. The pic is of a dish a recent convert made. It is called ceviche. It's probably one of the most delicious things I've eaten in many a long moon. It's prepared cutting up in smallish pieces fish and shrimp. These are placed in a bowl uncooked and covered in lime juice. You let it sit for 20 min or so until the acid in the lime cooks the meat. Then you add onion, cilantro, tomato, seasoning, clamato (tomato juice with clam flavoring). Mix the lot and eat with tostados or tortilla chips like a salsa. It's sosossosososoososooooo goood. Don't let the raw seafood trick you into thinking its not. If you get the chance try it. That's all!



No comments:

Post a Comment